Almost 10 million people in the UK suffer pain on a daily basis which has a major impact on their quality of life. On this fascinating advanced reflexology course we will explore the science of pain and you will learn new reflexology techniques that will be an invaluable addition to your ‘toolbox’ of skills. Read on…
This is a modular course based on eight years of scientific research culminating in the worlds’ first and only PhD in reflexology and pain management. It will teach you how you can use reflexology to support the client in pain. I will draw upon my experience with nerve reflexology, fascia work, massage & manipulation, VRT, AdRx and other methods to show you how you can manage pain more effectively and help your clients.
The fee for one day is £120 and for both days it is £210.00 when paid in full 28 days before course commencement There is an element of theory involved in learning about pain and you will be sent some material in advance for pre-reading.
Day 1 – Module 1:
- At least 50% of each module is practical
- Structure and function – the importance of the spinal nerves in reflexology
- Pain – what is it and how is it perceived?
- Outline of nociception (perception of physical pain)
- Types of pain
- Psychological, physiological and behavioural responses to pain
- Pain assessment techniques
- Pain measurement tools
- Introducing nerve reflexology for the spine, massage in the musculoskeletal system, fascia work
You can also choose to complete Day 2 – Module 2 on the following day
Day 2 – Module 2:
- Structure and function – the importance of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) in reflexology
- Introducing Nerve reflexology for the ANS, point to point working
- The consultation process in pain management
- Putting the treatment together
- Working to combine nerve reflexology with other reflexology techniques
- Case studies – group work
Further modules will follow that will enhance your learning experience and provide you with ongoing knowledge that teaches you about clinical reasoning skills, back/neck pain, medication in the context of pain, when/when not to treat.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE COURSE?
- This course is appropriate for all types of practitioner from the newly qualified to the more experienced therapist
- It encourages creative combinations and introduces you to new techniques in reflexology
- You will gain confidence in the techniques to treat chronic pain, particularly in the key areas of low back and neck and shoulder pain
- Using these techniques, you will treat more efficiently and effectively
- You will get better results for your clients
- You will be able to build a practice on treating pain that will not only increase your business, but also reward you in many other ways too
If you have an interest in pain, this is the course that will show you how you can support your clients through reflexology.
Dr Carol Samuel, PhD, Cert-Ed, FFHT, HMAR Professional evidence-based tuition for Reflexologists
2nd, 3rd December 2017 9am – 5pm.